Skip to main content
Question

WordPress authentication failed: 403 Forbidden: Access Denied

• 17 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I have read several threads on this without a posted solution.

I’m trying to connect Zapier to the Zapier for Wordpress plugin.

The error I am encountering is “authentication failed: 403 Forbidden: Access Denied.”

So far, I have been able to determine:

(1) Zapier can see the Zapier for Wordpress plugin, as I get a different error when deactivated

(2) Zapier can authenticate the username and password, as I get a different error when wrong credentials are used

I’ve contacted the host and there are no errors in the log files, and nothing evidently blocking the connection. I’ve also deactivated any firewall/security plugins.

Are there any known solutions to this that I am missing?

3 replies

It looks like there is another plugin that might be conflicting with the Zapier for WordPress plugin. Temporarily deactivate all other plugins except the Zapier plugin and see if the issue persists. If it works, reactivate the plugins one by one to identify the conflicting plugin and then remove that plugin if it’s not needed or replace it with another alternative. 

Thank you. I just tried that, deactivated every single plugin (except Zapier), then tried authenticating but got same result.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @sandramagnified,

I checked our notes and it looks like this may be related to some security settings from your host/provider. To check further, would you please let me know your site host? Also, I would recommend reaching out to them and checking if they can whitelist our API range, or revisit their IP permissions altogether.

When Zapier sends a message to your WordPress, it can come from any IP in the AWS us-east-1 region. The full list of IP addresses is available to view here: https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!