Skip to main content

Hi, 

First time on Zapier and superproud of what I created so far but keep running into this final thing which I can’t seem to solve. I’ve read every thread that has “translation” in it but the answer is not there.

I created an (order) form in JotForm which has 2 language versions: Dutch and French.

In the form itself the translation is OK, you can see the product and “quantité” to choose the amount you want.

But in my Zap I’m not able to get the word translated. I’ve used “translate by Zapier” and it translates the product name (which is not necessary) but not the word “hoeveelheid”… very frustrating!

This is the “to be translated text”

And this is the “result”

This means that my confirmation e-mail is fully translated to French except for the word “hoeveelheid”.

Hi @Kjell83, welcome to the Community! 🎉 

Hmm, looking at the screenshot of the test you shared it’s incorrectly set the source language as Italian:
2647cc25cb8e15e8fb35fead8c1e7b99.png

So I suspect that might be why it’s not translating it as expected. 

If you select Dutch as the Source Language on that Translate Text action does that allow it to correctly translate the word “hoeveelheid”?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Hi @SamB ,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I later saw a couple of things so I changed them.

1. I changed the language to “view” the form from “Français” to “French (France)” as apparently you have several options for “French”.

1. I changed “hoeveelheid” to “aantal” hoping it would translate better.
  1. In my zap I set the source language for translating to Dutch and left it over the weekend.

Just now I’ve tried it again and now it does translate properly to French.

Thanks for your help :o)

Kind regards,

Kjell

Yay! That’s great news, @Kjell83. I’m so pleased you were able to get it translating it correctly. Really appreciate you taking the time to share details of all the steps you took on this as it’ll be super helpful to anyone that comes across this thread in looking for a solution to the same problem.

Seems like you’re all set for now but if anything changes please do let us know. Happy Zapping! 😁⚡️