Best answer

White tick emoji not working from Zapier to Slack

• 13 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

I have the white tick emoji code for use in Slack (:white_tick:) in my zap but it will not render the tick in Slack even though its the correct bit of code. The other emojis render fine.

It should render this: ✅

icon

Best answer by Jon Techilovsky 14 February 2023, 09:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello and welcome to the Community, @Jon Techilovsky

That’s so weird, especially as the other emojis are displaying correctly in the message.

Did you copy and paste the code for that emoji into the message field or did you type it in? I’m wondering if there’s some hidden formatting or characters that might be preventing Slack from recognising it as the code for that tick emoji.

Can you try completely removing the emoji code and the spaces surrounding it from the Message Text field in the Zap? Then type it into that field again to see if it’s then able to recognise the emoji correctly.

Please do keep us in the loop on how that goes. I’m eager to help get this working! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Yes it is weird. I literally copied the code from Slack, and if I copy and paste the exact code from the message into the Slack message box, it does work straight away so I know it’s the correct code.

Example

I can’t work out why it doesn’t work. 

Userlevel 1

There is a resolution, I reached out to Slack and apparently it is because my Slack is set to British English.

Therefore I have to use this code instead:

:white_check_mark:

So nothing to do with Zapier, but Slack itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah, I see. That’s good to know! 

Thanks so much for sharing that solution here, @Jon Techilovsky. It’s very much appreciated! 😁