Question

Where do I find the account UID when connecting Anedot?

• 8 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to connect anedot with google sheet or anything else, what type of account uid required? where to get that account uid??? It’s showing empty.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @mananabdul! 👋

When you click into that Account UID field are there any accounts listed for you to select after clicking the Refresh fields button? 

If not, you may need to use the custom value option and enter in the UID for the Anedot account that you want the Zap to look at. See our Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps guide for more details on how to select a custom value.

As for where to find the UID for the account, I found some instructions online here that said: “The easiest way to locate your UID is to take it from the URL address while in your Anedot account and on the Dashboard. It will be a string of letters and numbers and will always begin with the letter “a”.” I don’t have an Anedot account so I can’t verify whether those instructions are correct. If not you may need to reach out to Anedot directly to get the necessary Account UID confirmed.

Keen to ensure you’re all set so do let us know how you get on with the above!