Question

Using RSS Feed From Megaphone and Posting To Socials

• 27 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi - I am trying to set up a Zap that pulls my image, text, and a link from my RSS feed (supplied by Megaphone) and pushes to FaceBook and Instagram. 

My issue is that I cannot get the link to the podcast episode to show up. I can port the image and the text, but never a link to the actual show. The feed I’m using is https://feeds.megaphone.fm/ERZ1591018842 and the text I get in the test box is:

raw title

The Case of The Hall of Presidents Final 4 with Tage

what president has had the most influence on the Walt Disney Company

description

We are back with another final 4! This time, we welcome Tage from DL Weekly and The Hub Crawl to help us decide which of these 4 presidents from The Hall of Presidents had the most influence on the Walt Disney Company. The Answer may surprise you, it surprised us for sure.

Enjoy this quirky final 4 type bracket challenge

Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices

pubDate

Tue, 21 Mar 2023 01:00:20 -0000

episodeType

full

author

EarzUp! Podcast

@href

https://megaphone.imgix.net/podcasts/541df66e-c781-11ed-b3db-83ce3ca3916e/image/7618f7.png?ixlib=rails-4.3.1&max-w=3000&max-h=3000&fit=crop&auto=format,compress

subtitle

Final four of the most influential president to the Walt Disney Company

summary

We are back with another final 4! This time, we welcome Tage from DL Weekly and The Hub Crawl to help us decide which of these 4 presidents from The Hall of Presidents had the most influence on the Walt Disney Company. The Answer may surprise you, it surprised us for sure.

encoded

<p>We are back with another final 4! This time, we welcome Tage from DL Weekly and The Hub Crawl to help us decide which of these 4 presidents from The Hall of Presidents had the most influence on the Walt Disney Company. The Answer may surprise you, it surprised us for sure.</p><p>Enjoy this quirky final 4 type bracket challenge</p><p> </p><p>Learn more about your ad choices. Visit <a href="https://megaphone.fm/adchoices">megaphone.fm/adchoices</a></p>

duration

guid

@isPermaLink

false

#text

541df66e-c781-11ed-b3db-83ce3ca3916e

enclosure

@url

https://traffic.megaphone.fm/ERZ3170495748.mp3?updated=1679360722

@length

@type

audio/mpeg

guid

pubDate

Tue, 21 Mar 2023 01:00:20 -0000

link

null

title

The Case of The Hall of Presidents Final 4 with Tage

description

content

id

Sorry if that’s long! 

Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @EarzUp,

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please try these steps for me?

1. Publish the Zap.
  2. Trigger the Zap.
  3. Check the Zap History for the link data in the “Data Out” section.

Please keep us posted on what you see in the Zap History.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hey Ken, 

So, I think that since the zap is set up to trigger on a new post in the RSS feed, I can’t run it and have it post since I have not posted anything new. If I just run a test on it and then go to my history, nothing shows up there. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @EarzUp 

I checked your original post, and I understand that you want Zapier to get the link so you can use it to show up on your podcast. Is this correct?

If so, we may need to add you to the feature request.

I’ll keep an eye out for your response!