Question

Using Date/time transform in Templates cannot TEST action and use outcome in template

• 19 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Good day,

I am creating ZAP templates for our app, one of the templates needs some Date/time formatting in between steps. I used the Send Date/time Transform to Formatter by Zapier (1.0.3) to try and create a time formatter. 

This works well in a normal ZAP, but I cannot get it to work in a template, because there is no sample data in a template.

The problem is - I cannot go beyond that step without the test running, my templates now has an error - because there is no sample data found.

As a result, I cannot use the outcome in the following step, and cannot then publish the template.

How can I use a Formatter in a ZAP template? is there something I am missing here? This is where I get stuck, pressing the “test” button just hangs and if I skip the test, I cant get the outcome of this step to use in the subsequent step. How to get around this?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @digitalpractice , 

If I understand you correctly, you want to map an empty field. I have posted a tutorial earlier just for that case

Hope this helps :) 

Thank you for the response, but this does not resolve my problem.

My challenge is on the “Zapier Templates side” not ZAP, I can run the exact same ZAP without a problem, because in the ZAP the data is there. But I am trying to create a Template.

I even entered the data manually in the template like so:

But still get the error - sample not found.

The test just hangs, even with a manual date entered, see image:

This only happens with the Zapier Date/time Formatter, any other block works fine in the template. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @digitalpractice 

I believe its a problem with the version (since I dont have a version number beside it, which probably means this is an older version of the formatter). I tested the exact same data on my side and it worked without a problem. Maybe remove this step and recreate it with the newest Formatter version? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @digitalpractice! I have seen errors like this in the past when the “To Format” field is filled out but the “From” format isn’t. Mind giving that a try to see if it helps? If not, and you’re on the current version as @MohSwellam suggests, then contacting our support team will likely be the next best step in getting this one resolved: https://zapier.com/app/get-help