Best answer

Upload Video Youtube problem

Userlevel 1

I set up the zap and I keep getting this information. I set up another zap again and the same thing happens. I notice that I am not the only one complaining about this problem. I sent mail to support but they didn't solve it. When will the problem be solved?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 23 May 2022, 15:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 1

same problem….

Userlevel 1

Same problem bro 

Userlevel 1

It's very difficult to solve from what I observe

Userlevel 1

Same problem 

I have the same problem. The videos don't load on youtube, I talked to support, I did what they told me, but it still doesn't load.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone! I’m really sorry that you’re having trouble with the Zapier YouTube integration, let’s see if we can figure out what’s happening here. 

@James Hughes Looking at your screenshot I can see that the data being sent to YouTube when you set up the Zap is sample data (ie not the data that you will have added when you set up the step). Have you tried skipping the test and turning the Zap on? Did it work then?

If anyone on this thread has had an error message, it would be super helpful for us to know what it said, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone!

If you are seeing sample data instead of the information you expect (ie your video) in the Post video step, that’s now what you should expect to see when testing the step. Zapier will use sample data to test the step and real data when you turn the Zap on. If you have turned on your Zap and are still seeing an error, then something is causing it.

I know that it’s frustrating not being able to properly test a step in your Zap, and it’s confusing to see sample data in an action where you would usually see the data you entered when setting up the step. Zapier took the step of adding sample data when testing the YouTube post video step because some users were abusing the test to upload many videos without turning on their Zap. The effect of this was that Zapier would hit a limit set by YouTube on the amount of videos that could be sent in a specific time period, meaning that other users’ Zaps would run into errors and stop working. Having sample data in the test part of the step prevents this kind of abuse and means that everyone’s Zaps can keep running smoothly. 

If you are seeing a different type of error or running into a different problem with YouTube, you can either post a new question in the Community or send a message to the Zapier Support team using the Get Help form. Thanks!

Hi everyone!

If you are seeing sample data instead of the information you expect (ie your video) in the Post video step, that’s now what you should expect to see when testing the step. Zapier will use sample data to test the step and real data when you turn the Zap on. If you have turned on your Zap and are still seeing an error, then something is causing it.

I know that it’s frustrating not being able to properly test a step in your Zap, and it’s confusing to see sample data in an action where you would usually see the data you entered when setting up the step. Zapier took the step of adding sample data when testing the YouTube post video step because some users were abusing the test to upload many videos without turning on their Zap. The effect of this was that Zapier would hit a limit set by YouTube on the amount of videos that could be sent in a specific time period, meaning that other users’ Zaps would run into errors and stop working. Having sample data in the test part of the step prevents this kind of abuse and means that everyone’s Zaps can keep running smoothly. 

If you are seeing a different type of error or running into a different problem with YouTube, you can either post a new question in the Community or send a message to the Zapier Support team using the Get Help form. Thanks!

Why not just ban those who are abusing the test instead of ruining it for everyone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I can understand your frustration @Jayson, the difficulty is that when someone is determined to abuse a service they will find a way to get around bans (eg creating multiple accounts using various IP addresses). Changing the way that test data is sent to YouTube allows us to guarantee that bad actors can’t disrupt the service for all Zapier users.