Question

Updating multiple records in Zapier Tables

• 4 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello there!

I’m trying to build a zap where every time a changetable link updates/is flagged, that link is automatically assigned to all the users in a table (Zapier Tables) who meet a certain filter criteria.

I’ve gotten this working fine with just one user, as an example scenario to help illustrate.

User A has skill “Animal Husbandry” changetable flags an update to a page where’ watching with the word “Vets” that link is then put in a field “Relevant” for User A within the table.

The problem comes from trying to update multiple users at once (As in all users that have “Animal Husbandry” in the ‘Skill’ column of the Table).

I get the following error:

Any support or advice would be greatly appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MaxR 

Try using the Looping app to iterate:

Hi Troy!

Thank you for the advice, I’ve tried setting up a tool to do so but clearly I’ve done something wrong.

To perhaps better explain, I’m trying to set up the zap to automatically update every record which has mention of “Digital Health” in their “Area of Interest” with the link (should the link have met the filter criteria.)

However, I’m getting a ‘string too long’ error, even when adding the looping tool.

^ the looping set up

Only one of the records is updating
The error I get.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MaxR 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap step 5 is configured.

For the Looping step, seems like you would want to loop the Record IDs returned from Step 3.