Question

Unable to Zip Multiple Attachments in Airtable with Zapier

• 24 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi there, I have multiple attachments (pictures) in attachment fields in airtable.

I want to be able to download them (one row at the time) in bulk.

To make this happen. I'm trying to create a zip url with Zapier - through "Zip Archive".

Unfortunately, zip archives is not able to create a zip out of my attachments. It creates a zip file with either .text or .exe 

Is it because I did not specify the file type correctly ? Or is it because “Zip Archive” is not happy with multiple images in one attachment field ? 

What am I not doing correctly ?

Many thanks !

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @RaphaelZacchelloMiles,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, the screenshots of your action steps that shows all of its fields would be very helpful as well. Here’s an example screenshot of what I’m referring to:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Hi @ken.a ! Thank you so much for your help 🙏

Here are some screenshots. 

My goal is to compress all pictures from a row and write a url in airtable on which one can click to download the zip file, containing these pictures. 

The way I identify the row is through the ACCIDENT_ID (first column in my Airtable).

Many thanks, looking forward to how you’d solve it!

Best,
Raphaël

(as you can see, it downloads only txt or exe files. I can’t happen to understand how i can compress the real pictures.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RaphaelZacchelloMiles 

For step 2, try using this Zap action: Formatter > Utilities > Text to Line Items

Step 3 expects an array of files (file urls or file objects).

Thanks @Troy Tessalone 

I’m afraid this did not solve the issue.

To make it easier, I reduced it to 2 columns of multiple pictures in Airtable.

What I get is a zip file containing 3 elements (exec, not pics) of my column A (in Airtable) I assume. Hence :

1. How would I get pictures rather than exec files ?
  2. How do I make sure the zip files contains all elements from both my initial columns ?

Thank you, feels like we’re getting closer to a viable solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RaphaelZacchelloMiles 

The description indicates these must be comma separated.