Question

Unable to pull Public URLs from Cognito Forms to Microsoft Excel.

• 15 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’ve setup a Zap to pull the Public URL into a Excel spreadsheet. I’m uploading the data into Cognito but it doesn’t seem to be triggering and pulling the data across.

Any ideas where I’m going wrong?

Thanks,

Ben

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @bheaven, welcome to the Community! 🎉

When you say you’re uploading the data, are you importing it into Cognito? I did some checking and it appears the New Entry in Cognito Forms does not trigger a Zap for entries that are imported into Cognito Forms. 

If that’s the case you could potentially to import them into Excel using our Transfer feature instead: Bulk import data into apps with Transfer. The only thing with that is that I’m not seeing Cognito Forms as one of the supported source apps. Where are you uploading the information into Cognito forms from? Are you uploading a file or exporting data from another app?

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Hi Sam,

So we are using Cognito Forms for an NFC project. We upload schedules from Excel using the Excel template on the import entries. The important bit for us is the Public URL which we write onto the NFC chips. Can we get this through Cognito rather than having to use another integration platform to extract it?

Any help you can offer on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bheaven 

Good question.

To help give us more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zaps steps are configured.

As well, outline a specific example of the field from Cognito Forms that you are trying to get the value from.