Question

Unable to move files to the Archive folder from Microsoft Outlook email using SmartFile as FTP.

• 6 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I am new to Zapier and I am trying write a zap to read the files from FTP root folder called home and send that file as an attachment to an email. It works so far . Now that I sent the email I want to move the emailed files from Home folder to Home/Archived folder in FTP. I did not find a way to do this. I am using Smartfile for FTP

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @Memphisguy -

Let’s see if I can be of assistance, can I please ask which email service app you are using for this integration?

Thanks Chanelle, I am using outlook. That works fine and I receive the email. I have issue moving the file to Archive folder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Memphisguy,

Thanks for letting us know!

Before we dive deeper, could you please share detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Especially, the “Action” section of the action step. Here’s an example screenshot:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Thanks! 😊

Ken,

It not configured. I cannot find an action to move files.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Memphisguy! You’re right at the moment, there isn’t an option to move or tag files in SmartFile.

It does look like there’s an Upload File action, where you can select the folder, but I imagine that would create duplicates.
While it looks like this may not be doable at the moment, we do have some stellar minds in the community. It’s possible someone has achieved a workaround. This thread will stay open for a few weeks if anyone stumbles across it and has anything they’d like to contribute. 🙂

Thanks for bringing this to community and let us know if there’s any other questions you may have! We’re always happy to help.