Question

Unable to find time entries in Clockify through Zapier

• 30 January 2024
  • 11 replies

Hello and thanks in advance! When I am trying to find time entries in Clockify through Zapier nothing will return in the search no matter what I do. Anyone have any advice?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @davidskv 

For us to have context, we would need to see screenshots with how your Zap step is configured.

Here you go! Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@davidskv 

Are there time entries for the connected account for the configured settings in the Zap action step?

Try adding values to one or both of these fields.

I have tried to no avail but it’s possible i’m using the wrong date format. Do you know what date format it wants?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@davidskv 

First, can you confirm there are existing time entries for the connected account for the configured settings in the Zap action step? (see screenshots)

Zap app connections can be checked here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Yep!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@davidskv 

Clockify API endpoint docs to reference: https://docs.clockify.me/#tag/Time-entry/operation/getTimeEntries

Wonder if it is at all related to you being on a trial.

So I upgraded, no luck. Put in time stamp, no luck. 

But I did select the “if time entry doesn’t exist create one” checkbox and it was successful.

Then I tested it and it pulled up my entry successfully.

So now my hypothesis is that it doesn’t allow for the search of time entries that aren’t your own which is very frustrating.

Any thoughts? Appreciate all the support!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@davidskv 

The original encountered error indicated that.

Well now I feel dumb, but that is also dumb on their part lol I took connected account to mean my own account, not overall. It seems like a pointless integration for a business owner if you can’t get the time entries of your employees.

I really appreciate your help Troy!

To anyone else reading this- the way you can get around it that I found is to use make.com our coupler.io to send to a Google sheet and then a scheduled Zap can take it the rest of the way to Bonsai or wherever else you need the time entries.