Best answer

Unable to create an Airtable record using HubSpot's "Find Association" action.

• 20 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am trying to create a new contact record in Airtable when a deal is updated to a certain stage in Hubspot. 

This is the current methodology i’m using (which isn’t working 😢)

1. Trigger » Updated Deal Stage in HubSpot
  2. Action » Find association 
  3. Action » Find Contact 
  4. Actions » Create new record in Hubspot

The ‘find association’ action is only returning this data which is then meaning I can’t find the right contact. 

Find association:

Should I be retrieving additional properties from the Update deal stage?

Thanks,

Lily

icon

Best answer by SamB 20 June 2023, 11:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @ZapLily! 🙂

I took a look in one of my own Zaps and I’m not seeing any contact IDs available in the Additional properties to retrieve section, so looks like that Find Associations action is the best route to take here.

On the Find Contact action, I set the First search property name to use the Contact information: Record ID field. And set the First search property name to be the Deal to Contact field from that Find Associations action and that was able to find the contact. For example:

fd0956ed1f0575c26628f3101cf16fc5.png
And that was able to find the contact associated with the deal. 

Can you try updating the Find Contact action in your Zap as pictured above and confirm whether that is able to find the contact?

Badge

Yes it works! Thank you so much 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s fantastic news @ZapLily! 🎉

Thanks for popping back in here to confirm it worked. I’m so pleased that did the trick here! 😁