Question

Unable to create a folder on Microsoft SharePoint, error 404 File not found.

• 13 December 2023
  • 8 replies

What was the solution for this? I also just want to create a folder on sharepoint but Zapier haven’t made it easy at all.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @townley-jones, welcome to the Community! 👋

Hope you don’t mind but I moved your question out from that older topic, into a brand new one so it can be addressed separately. I looked through the related Support tickets but couldn’t see any confirmation that it was resolved.

Can you share some screenshots showing the current set up of your Zap and the errors you’re running into? Asking as us folks in the Community aren’t able to access your Zaps so having a screenshot greatly helps to give us better context on the situation. Remember to remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

Hi Sam, thank you.  Here is the Sharepoint: https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/45007988?key=ccf5c4259e06e0a9d077f82e23d7ff81

I want the Zap to, when a new project is created in Clockify, add the project name as a new folder in the Clients folder.  Here is the Zap setup:

And the error:

I also tried Parent folder = /Documents/Clients/Client Name: Somnowell Marketing/

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @townley-jones,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Could you please try removing the forward slash “/” in front or at the end of the folder query?

ca80c8d2752990d2d5c5b7ba4327bc77.png
(view larger)

Please let us know if that works. Thanks!

Removing the slash from the end gives this error:

Failed to create a folder in Microsoft SharePoint

Error from halted execution: undefined: Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl

Removing it from the start only, as well as start and end both give this error:

Failed to create a folder in Microsoft SharePoint

Error from halted execution: undefined: Access denied.

It’s as if Zapier themselves don’t really know how to do it as there is literally no documentation. I would have thought creating folders on Sharepoint would be a common zap...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @townley-jones,

Thanks for giving that a try.

The issue might be on the mapped data in the “Parent Folder” field. Could you please removing the mapped data on that field? Like so:

14c155f64398ae6c7dda3a7243a23282.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes.

Hi Ken thanks for your reply. I have already previously tried it without the mapping and still I get problems.  I’ve tried:

1. Clients - Access denied
  2. /Clients - undefined: Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl
  3. /Clients/ - undefined: Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl
  4. Clients/ - Access denied
  5. Documents/Clients/ - Access denied
  6. /Documents/Clients/ - undefined: Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl
  7. /Documents/Clients - undefined: Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl
  8. Documents/Clients - Access denied

These are all on the Team Site (townley-jones.sharepoint.com/sites/contentTypeHub).  It just doesn’t work.  Perhaps the site needs to change?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @townley-jones,

Thanks for an update here.

Unfortunately, I have exhausted my resources regarding the issue you’re running into. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to look closer at the Zap and its logs to determine the cause of the error.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I appreciate your patience and understanding.