Question

Sharepoint error: We're having trouble loading 'Folder' data. undefined. Error code 404: 404 FILE NOT FOUND

• 23 August 2023
  • 12 replies

Hello I am trying to connect a GoCanvas submission with a folder in Microsoft Sharepoint.

I have tested the trigger and it shows connection. After that is done when I go to selecting a folder I am getting the following error message:  

Unable to load choices
We're having trouble loading 'Folder' data. undefined. Error code 404: 404 FILE NOT FOUND

I am trying to figure out why this is happening. I have attached screenshots hoping this will explain. 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mwhitehead 

Good question.

Check the Site field description for guidance and make sure to click [more].

Hello I did and I replaced with the correct URL information. The error message I get comes from the folder selection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mwhitehead 

Maybe it should be lowercase?

Can you show a screenshot of the URL you are referencing to determine your site name?

Hi Troy this is the URL :

https://itatgshades.sharepoint.com/sites/TEST-3/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?FolderCTID=0x012000FD55D516F0F74E46A84FDB2F1539C2C5&viewid=60530d5d%2D378a%2D46b5%2Db3a0%2D3f4ebdf81d49

So the name I used was the TEST-3 which is exactly how the URL has it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mwhitehead 

Have you reviewed this available help article for using SharePoint in Zaps?

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/16774279432205-How-to-get-started-with-Microsoft-SharePoint-on-Zapier

Hi Troy, I read that article it did not help at all. 

I tested the connections out and everything was successful however still not showing the folders in Sharepoint. 

I even started over 3 times. All the connections show connected it just stops once it gets to the folders. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mwhitehead 

Do you have a paid plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mwhitehead 

If you have a Zapier paid plan, you can open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Yes I opened a ticket they have yet to get back to me so that is why I came here, but I will wait.

Thank you for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @mwhitehead,

It looks like our Support Team replied to your ticket today with a suggestion of:

Thanks for reaching out! I hope you're having a great day so far—happy to lend a hand here.

So we can get a better visual on this all around, I do have one quick question:

• For us to compare with the step here in the Zap ( Link ), would you be able to provide your sites full URL so we can see how the TEST-3 site URL is set normally?

Let me know about this, and once we have more, we can work further to get this all cleared up!

It would be best to continue the conversation with our Support Team via email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com.

Thanks!

Did you get a resolution to this issue? Experiencing the same problems. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mplc, sorry about the delay in you getting a reply here!

I’ve checked on the conversation mwhitehead had going with the Support team and it appears that the issue was caused by the Site field which contained a space after the site name that was added:
ba6c1a54e904dab54208111ab7d52e50.png

The extra space that appeared after the site name was removed and that got the options in the Folder field appearing. 

Can you click into the Site field on the Microsoft SharePoint action and remove any additional spaces that might also have been added by accident?

Keen to help get this sorted so please let us know whether that fixes it for you too. 🤞