Skip to main content
Question

Unable to connect Microsoft Teams to Zapier

• 22 August 2024
  • 2 replies

I get this message when I try to connect my Microsoft Teams to Zapier. 

Please helppp 😥😥😥

e5c098a7afd9937422863b918ab8159f.png
7da2e423dfef189f6c51455ff25d965e.png

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi @henwang 

Help links for using Teams in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/microsoft-teams/help

Try this tip:

Hi there, @henwang 👋

We’ve removed the video you shared as it contained Personally Identifiable Information and have replaced it with some screenshots of the error messages that appeared in the video. Please ensure you remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any videos or screenshots before sharing in future. 

For the “Your Zapier email must match the Microsoft account email to link to it” error, it could be that it’s attempting to connect to the wrong Microsoft account. I’d suggest re-attempting the connection using a private browsing window/tab or different browser as per the guide Troy shared.

With that “The bot is not part of the conversation roster” error, this usually occurs when attempting to post a message to a private channel (which isn’t supported). That said, I did come across a workaround for being able to post to a private Microsoft Teams channel which you could try instead:

If you have an email address enabled for your private channel, you can send an email to that address, and this will post to the Teams channel.

If this "Email Address" functionality is available for your channel, then you could also use one of our "Send Email" actions instead of the MS Teams action, using one of the popular email providers such as Gmail, Outlook, Zoho Mail, or our own Email By Zapier.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues or have further questions just let us know!