Question

Unable to add support ticket type in DevOps work type action

• 22 November 2023
  • 5 replies

I seem to have encountered a weird issue with the devops work type field. When I have Devops as the trigger it shows support ticket.

But when I have create DevOps as an action it doesn’t have the support ticket type even if I load more. Does anyone have any insight on why and how to get support to show up in the action step?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cashco 

Good question.

If it’s not available, then you may need to try using the DevOps AP via one of the supported Zap actions.

@Troy Tessalone hmm I did select Create Work Item as the AP but it yeah it is weird how the trigger finds the work type no problem but the action itself doesn’t

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cashco 

You can try using the CUSTOM tab to set a static value of: Support Ticket

@Troy Tessalone that appears to have worked. 😥 but there is a required custom field for Support Ticket and it doesn’t look like Zapier detects that field so I can’t put a value in it. Any other suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cashco 

If it’s not available, then you may need to try using the DevOps API via one of the supported Zap actions.