Question

Twitter Search is not returning the same results as on Twitter site.

• 19 May 2023
  • 1 reply

There is a previous post on here about this issue but it is more than a year old. There is a three part issue:

1. Zapier search results are different than when searched in Twitter natively
  2. I want recent results and not the top results
  3. Only one result makes it to my google sheet. This result is not shown in the Zapier test and the Zapier test shows multiple results. 

What am I missing?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome @SimpleDrive. Thanks for joining the Community here! 🙂

Zapier search results are different than when searched in Twitter natively

Ah yes, it looks like it’s expected that the Search Mention trigger will not work in exactly the same way that native search within Twitter does: Tweets that shouldn't meet the search criteria trigger my Search Mention zap

I want recent results and not the top results

Looking at the details shared in the best answer on the topic you mentioned it seems that it should be finding the most recent results:

As the result_type parameter is already set to “recent” rather than “popular” by default. But it could well be that this has since changed.

If it’s not finding the correct tweets, then it may be worth switching to use a Retrieve Poll (Webhooks by Zapier) trigger instead - see Trigger Zaps from polling webhooks for more details. As ZappinAndy mentioned on that related topic, the Retrieve Poll trigger will allow you to set more specific search terms. Which should help to ensure the tweets that trigger the Zap better match those that are see in the search results within Twitter. That said, you’d need to be on a paid Zapier plan as webhooks are an advanced feature.

Only one result makes it to my google sheet. This result is not shown in the Zapier test and the Zapier test shows multiple results. 

Is it failing to add all tweets to the Google Sheet when the Zap runs live or is this issue occurring when testing only? When testing, the Zap would only add details for the tweet sample that’s selected in the trigger so you’d need to select a different sample in order to add it to the Google sheet for testing purposes. When the Zap is running live however it should trigger for each new mention that is found and add it to the Google Sheet. 

Hope that helps. If you do end up giving that Webhook trigger a try please do let us know how you get on with it. Keen to know whether that definitely solves it!