Question

Twitter error: Failed to create a tweet in Twitter Could not verify SSL certificate. for domain

• 5 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi. When using Zapier to "Create Tweet in Twitter", the error message "Failed to create a tweet in Twitter Could not verify SSL certificate. for domain!" Is there any way to fix this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @taka!

I took a look at the list of known issues for the Zapier Twitter integration and I can’t see anything that relates to this. Let’s see if we can find the cause of the error here.

• Could I ask what your trigger is/what information you’re using to create the tweet?
  • Do you use 2FA on your twitter account?
  • Are you using the basic (free) Twitter API or the paid one?

It would also be helpful if you could share a screenshot of how the Twitter action is set up in Zapier. Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Thanks!

Thank you for your support!

Tweets are created based on RSS created by RSS.app

I used "Send Outbound Email in Email by Zapier" instead of the Create Tweet action and the same error occurred. Therefore, Twitter does not seem to be the cause.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @taka,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Before we dig deeper into this, please share a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured, especially the “Action” section of the “Send Outbound Email” action step.

Thanks! 😊