Best answer

Twitch error: We're having trouble loading 'Streamer' data. 410 error: This API is not available.”

• 26 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello, my ultimate goal is to get my Wordpress website to automatically update when I go live on Twitch. I’m setting up my first Zap and I get this error when I try to enter my Twitch name:

“Unable to load choices
We're having trouble loading 'Streamer' data. 410 error: Gone. This API is not available.”

According to Twitch, everything is working fine on their end. Is this just a temporary issue on Zapier’s end?

Again, this is my first attempt at making a Zap so if I’m doing something wrong, please let me know :)

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 27 September 2023, 09:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @martydotzone,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please try inputting the login name of your desired streamer in the “Streamer” field as a custom value?

The login name are the characters after the last slash in a streamer's URL. For example, if you'd like to follow https://www.twitch.tv/twitchpresents, then enter in twitchpresents. Like so:

c118e8330236b7e20746cac58ebbefff.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes! 😊

Ah! Ok, I clicked the “Custom” tab, entered my Twitch username, and ran a test, and it looks like Zapier picked up that I went live on Twitch. Thank you @ken.a ! 

I had a follow up question, the pricing page says that Zapier offers a free tier that gets you 100 monthly Zaps, but the Zaps are just two step? Could I do what I want with the free tier? I want Zapier to detect that I went live on Twitch, then tell Wordpress to make a blog post on my site. Is that a two-step zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Glad to hear that worked @martydotzone! 🎉

The workflow you described is a two-step Zap:

This would be considered a single-step Zap because it involves one trigger (going live on Twitch) followed by one action (creating a blog post on WordPress). If you're planning to use only this Zap and it's executed less than 100 times a month, then you should be able to accomplish this with Zapier's free tier.

You can learn more about our Plans and Pricing here: https://zapier.com/pricing

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

@ken.a May I ask how to use custom values to simultaneously listen to multiple streamer statuses?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @nwlei,

Unfortunately, it can only track 1 streamer at a time, if you’d like to know the status of multiple streamers you’d need to create multiple separate Zaps for your use case.

Hopefully, this helps!