Best answer

Tumblr error : Image is missing and the Link is without preview (Title + Description as great clickable button)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello :)

I have some problems to post to tumblr with following settings:

Image is missing and the Link is without preview (Titel + Description as great clickable button).

If I post it manually it looks right so:

What did I wrong? Please help me

icon

Best answer by ken.a 28 June 2023, 11:37

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Manolo777! 👋

It looks like you might be using the Create Text Post (Tumblr) action when posting that image. I wonder if that might be why the image isn’t appearing as expected.

If you switch to using the Create Photo Post (Tumblr) action instead, I’m thinking that should allow the image to be posted to Tumblr correctly.

1438ef9759cdab787d2f48c4c243ecaf.png

Can you give that a try and let us know how it goes?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @SamB ,

thank you, but if I choose “Create Photo Post” I get this error:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing that screenshot!

Hmm, are you able to double check this field:

and verify that it’s a supported URL or object? More on sending files here.

Keep us posted!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@christina.d thanks. The URL is a valid format (https://ab2go.de/wp-content/uploads/pexels-roman-odintsov-6574743-scaled.jpg). If I post the same URL manually on tumblr, than all is fine.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@christina.d Is there any news about the solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Manolo777,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Before we dive deeper, could you please try these troubleshooting steps for me:

1. Load in a new sample data from the trigger.
  2. Choose the new sample data.
  3. Reconnect your Tumblr account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/tumblr
  4. Test the Tumblr action step again.

Also, please ensure that the image is in the right format, I say this because when I downloaded the image link you provided the image is formatted as .webp. 

868e5ef4daaff2282152a9368ded4ab3.png
(view larger)

Please ensure that when uploading an image via Zap the image is in .jpeg or .png format.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @ken.a 

thank you for your tips :)

If I test the zap, than the post is posting now good on tumblr. But zapier shows me still this error:

So I could not save the zap.
That could be a bug in the zap ;-) What do you mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Manolo777,

I understand you're encountering a 500 error, which can be a bit frustrating. These errors can pop up occasionally when a server is dealing with a heavy load, if the data being transferred is too large, or due to a variety of other factors.

Unfortunately, since this issue is occurring on the other app's end, we're unable to pinpoint the exact cause. However, the silver lining here is that these issues are typically temporary and resolve themselves after a short while.

As a next step, could you try skipping the action step? You can do this by clicking on the "Skip test" button. After that, please publish the Zap, trigger it, and see if it works.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @ken.a ,
thank you very much. I could published it, it works fine, I only see an error in the history. But that is ok.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Manolo777,

Awesome! I’m glad that worked.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help! 😊