Skip to main content
Question

Trying to set up to pull from a form on my Wix website

• 3 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a simple form with first, last name and email on my website. I asked zapier to create a new contact in my sendfox app but it doesn’t even get to the sendfox because when I try to test the wix portion I get this error message:

Error code: Error while retrieving: Unexpected identifier

I don’t know what that means and what I’m doing wrong -- I am VERY new to Zapier and not sure how to make it work right.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JasonStonehouse 

Try this workaround.

Wix Automations action: Webhook

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

This will generate a unique webhook URL to configure in the Wix Automation action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JasonStonehouse,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? If you need any assistance, feel free to reach out. We're happy to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Yes I’m sure that would have worked, as I went to it, it looked like it would do what I needed, however I need to be a paying member to use it, and when I looked at the price structure there is no small one (they’re all really expensive!) I don’t use zaps very often and just 3-4 of them so I can’t justify the expense, especially since I’m not getting more than 2-3 new people on my mailing list every month. It’s just not cost efficient for me. I wish you guys had a very low, one step up from basic for people like me.

thanks for the help, I wish I could have used it.

Jason