Best answer

Troubleshooting VideoAsk and ActiveCampaign Integration: Lead Info Not Being Sent to ActiveCampaign

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi. I just followed all of the steps for integrating my VideoAsk sequence with my ActiveCampaign automation and it isn’t working, it’s not sending the lead info to AC neither sending the automation of course. 

I have already try to turn it off and on again, also checked all of my logging and API details, also I have the information that is possible to do is with a free account. 

Can someone confirm and give me a hand? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by SamB 16 May 2023, 10:25

View original

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Hillary 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help us have context.

Zaps work while turned ON for new data going forward.

Turn your Zap ON, perform a test with VideoAsk, then check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Troy! Thank you for your help. Actually my Zap is mode on. I’m gonna share with you screenshots from the editing part.

Editing Zap:

When I tested it worked. But when I use it is not.

Awaiting your response :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hillary 

Did you check your Zap Runs for errors? https://zapier.com/app/history/

Also, check your Zap app connections here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, no erros

App connections:

Awaiting your response :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hillary

Have you tested the VideoAsk form after turning the Zap ON that is set in the Zap trigger step?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, yes I have with multiple email address. Is still not working 😥

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here it is in case you want to try https://www.videoask.com/fanstx0un 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hillary 

If the Zap is not triggering, then there is either an issue with the Zap app connection, a bug with the Zap app integration, or the Zap trigger is not configured correctly.

Try this workaround…

Change the Zap trigger to Webhook - Catch Hook.

This will provide you a webhook URL to use in VideoAsk.

Then follow this guide: https://www.videoask.com/help/integrations/360040020991-add-webhooks-to-your-videoasks#h_01FD9S5R8D0TYG017PAR935D35

Userlevel 1
Badge

Where can I find the URL from Zapier to use in VideoAsk?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hillary 

On the TEST section of the Zap trigger step.

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is done. I have tried a few times and the automation stills the same

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hillary 

Have you tested the Zap trigger (now using the Webhook Catch Hook) to pull thru your tests to then reconfigure the Zap steps?

Userlevel 1
Badge

How should I reconfigure the Zap steps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hillary 

We’d need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured now.

Help article about how to change the trigger test data:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Once you have trigger test data sent from VideoAsk, then you can map the variables between the Zap steps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I created a new one and it worked from the first time. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Hillary! 👋

Just wanted to hop in here to let you know that I found a bug with the New Reply (From a Respondent) trigger that’s been causing some issues in Zaps not triggering. I suspect that’s what was preventing the Zap from triggering as expected, so I’ve added you to the list of affected users so that we can let you know when it’s been resolved. 

I’m so glad Troy was able to help you get a workaround set up that uses a Catch Hook (Webhooks by Zapier) trigger for the Zap and setting up a webhook in VideoAsk to send the reply information over to the Catch Hook. What a great idea! 😁

You asked previously about whether it’s possible on a free account so I just wanted to mention that the Webhooks by Zapier app is a more advanced feature which is only available on a paid plan. So for anyone that wants to try this workaround and is on a free Zapier plan they’d need to upgrade their Zapier account in order to use the suggested workaround. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Sam! Thank you for your answer. 

I understand that there’s a bug that’s been causing some issues in Zaps not triggering and I have been added to a list so I can get the info when you get to know how it can be solved. However yesterday it was working and today is not working anymore. Is it because as you told me at the end of the message I need to have a susbscription plan for it?

If I upgrade my account it will work? Or the bug is gonna still happening?

Awaiting for your answer :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is the error is says that “the email address is not valid” when I try to test but the email is correct. Is it maybe because is on the BBDD?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry for any confusion caused here @Hillary

The bug relates to the New Reply (From a Respondent) trigger specifically, not triggers for other apps like the Webhooks by Zapier app as well. Upgrading your Zapier plan would not fix the bug itself. In order to use the workaround of using a Webhooks by Zapier trigger instead, you would need to be on a paid plan. Hope that helps to clarify.

The new error you’re getting appears to be saying that the email address that was sent to ActiveCampaign isn’t valid. Sometimes if there’s a typo in an email address it can cause an error like that. 

Can you review the Zap History for that errored run of the Zap to confirm whether the email address that was sent to ActiveCampaign is correct? If it’s not then it’s likely a one off error related to the email address and the Zap should work successfully for future runs where a valid email address is supplied. 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you Sam! Which plan contains exactly what I need?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Hillary,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

If you're interested in using the Webhooks by Zapier workaround, it's available on our Starter Plan or higher. For more information on our pricing and plan options, please check out our pricing page, where you can compare all of our plans.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

@SamB My zaps have also been interrupted by this new reply from a respondent bug that you mentioned, so please add me to your list of users affected and notify me when the problem has been solved.  Until then I will attempt this webhook workaround.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Jared R,

I have added you to the list of affected users to the open bug report as well. While we don’t have any timeframe on when will this get fixed. We will be sure to keep you on the loop via email or on this thread if there’s any update.

Thanks!