Best answer

Troubleshooting at a basic level - Help for a new starter required.

• 9 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone

Can anyone help me to understand why my first zap keeps faulting. Im not sure why the process keeps failing. I have provided a screenshot of the error and actions involved. 

Thank you - John

icon

Best answer by SamB 9 January 2024, 15:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @johnnipearson, thanks for joining the Community here! 🎉 

It looks as though there haven’t been any fields selected from the Google Sheets trigger:
680ce7c45550f95e46ce048cde499cc9.png

In order for information from Google Sheets to be sent over to Smartsheet you’ll need to click into the fields like Client Info, ID, I.D. (Office use only) etc. then from the dropdown menu that appears, select the relevant fields from the Google Sheets trigger. You can learn more about selecting (mapping fields) in our Send data between steps by mapping fields guide here.

Can you give that a try and let us know how you get on? Eager to help sort this so please do let us know if you come across any issues on that. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @johnnipearson 

This looks to be your related topic:

Userlevel 1

Hi @johnnipearson, thanks for joining the Community here! 🎉 

It looks as though there haven’t been any fields selected from the Google Sheets trigger:
680ce7c45550f95e46ce048cde499cc9.png

In order for information from Google Sheets to be sent over to Smartsheet you’ll need to click into the fields like Client Info, ID, I.D. (Office use only) etc. then from the dropdown menu that appears, select the relevant fields from the Google Sheets trigger. You can learn more about selecting (mapping fields) in our Send data between steps by mapping fields guide here.

Can you give that a try and let us know how you get on? Eager to help sort this so please do let us know if you come across any issues on that. 🙂

Hi SamB

You were spot on. Thanks for taking the time to help me. I just need to get my head around how the system work but I think I have a good understanding of it now. Thanks again - John

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

YAY! 🎉 You are most welcome @johnnipearson. 🤗

Do let us know if you get stuck on anything else at all - always happy to help!