Question

Trouble with integrating Apollo with Pipedrive: New contacts not creating as a lead in Pipedrive

• 25 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Hey guys,

So I created this Zap to try and integrate Apollo with Pipedrive. My idea was to split the flow in two stages.

Stage 1- First, whenever a new contact is created in Apollo it is also created as a person in Pipedrive and added as an Opportunity in Apollo (Deals CRM).

Stage 2- Then I wanted to whenever we move that contact in Apollo from stages in their CRM to a stage called “Validate” , it would create that contact as a lead in Pipedrive so our sales reps could proceed with the process in there.

For some reason this is not working, I’m not familiar with Zapier so maybe im doing something wrong, or maybe theres a better way to do this process.

The ideia is that we only add the Apollo contacts as leads when they are considered “valid” in Apollo either by adding them to a stage in their crm or just updating something in the contact, is this possible?

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Joao Teixeira 

Good question.

It’s unclear what the Formatter in Step 4 is doing, so we would need to see more detailed screenshots.

I wanted it to only continue If the name in Opportunity Stage Name was “Validate” (thats the name of the stage in which I want the contact to be in order to be added as a lead in Pipedrive)

But when adding that option its says “No data” so the only way I imagined to do it was using the step 4 as seen in the screenshot.

Probably makes no sense, but in my head it made perfect sense 😅

Some more screenshots.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Joao Teixeira 

If you are create an Apollo Opportunity in Step 3, then you should be able to set the Opportunity Stage in that step.

That should remove the need for the Formatter Step and the Filter step.

@Joao Teixeira

If you are create an Apollo Opportunity in Step 3, then you should be able to set the Opportunity Stage in that step.

That should remove the need for the Formatter Step and the Filter step.

Yes, in that step I’m adding them as an “Qualify” stage.

But I want to make so when I changed them (in Apollo) from “Qualify” to “Validate” they are automatically added to Pipedrive as Lead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Joao Teixeira 

That would need to be a different Zap with a different trigger step.

You may have to try reaching out to Apollo Support for guidance on how to be notified programmatically about an updated Opportunity stage. (e.g. webhooks)

These are the only available Apollo Zap triggers: