Best answer

Trouble Creating Memberpress to Salesforce Zap - Error Code 501

• 10 January 2024
  • 11 replies

I am new to Zapier.  I have created a zap that triggers from the Wordpress plugin Memberpress and creates a contact record in Salesforce.  The zap is styled as an “upsert” meaning that a new record will be created only if an old one is not found, and if a record is found, it will be updated.  I have created the connections from Memberpress and to Salesforce.  I have tested them and they are working.  When I test the zap, I get this error: 

Failed to create a custom actions in Salesforce

Raw request failed. Problem executing your request: Salesforce ran into an error. Error code 501:

Not sure where to go from here.  Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 11 January 2024, 21:14

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Seth-B 

To help us have full context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the error.

Thanks so much for the tip on providing screen shots.  Not sure what to provide, but here are some.  Also a PDF of the Custom Action is attached. 

Seth

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Seth-B 

It may be that your Custom Action is not configured correctly.

Perhaps try this Zap action: Salesforce Find/Create Record (Contact)

Thanks for the tip.  I will reply after testing.

Interim question…  I am not finding the Find or Create Record Event.  I have searched under Salesforce Premium and Salesforce Essentials.  Does this Event require a paid Zapier account or am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Seth-B 

Try Find Record, which should have a checkbox option to create if not found.

Thanks for the help.  I did find the check box in Find Record and the test worked.  🙂

I did find the check box to create a new record if one is not found and the test is working.  Now… if a new record is created by this step, how do I map the fields for the new record?  I don’t see this option in the Find Record step. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Seth-B! 👋

The fields for the Salesforce object record you want to create should automatically load when you select the Create Salesforce Record if it doesn’t exist yet? option. For example:

c62f4431cf4ca54dab736150e7ef3bdd.gif

From there you can click into the fields and select the relevant information from the MemberPress.

Can you try unchecking and then re-checking that “Create Salesforce Record if it doesn’t exist yet?” option to see if that then gets the fields loading now?

Keen to help get this sorted so please do let us know how you get on!

Thank you for this instruction.  It has helped me find the fields to map and get this set up.  This gets me going for now.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @Seth-B! Big thanks to SamB and Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

Happy Zapping!⚡️