Question

Trouble Connecting GPT to Zapier: Sign-In Button Unresponsive and Page Freezing Issue

• 11 November 2023
  • 50 replies

Userlevel 3

I’m trying to experiment with the AI Actions and tried doing the steps based on the https://actions.zapier.com/ Start Here guidance.

For some reason my GPT is unable to establish connection with zapier. When I ask it to tell me what kind of task it can perform I get the following:

Zapier AI

Some info will be sent to actions.zapier.com, only do this for sites you trust

Sign in with actions.zapier.com

The sign in part looks like a button but it’s not clickable. There is nothing loading the page just freezes. 

If I open the small arrow at the end of the sentence I get:

Zapier AI needs to send this info to actions.zapier.com

{ "apps": "" }

Anyone run into this?

50 replies

Userlevel 1

It seems to be an Internal Server Error 500 related to OAuth.

Userlevel 2

Hey!

I can confirm that it is now functioning properly for me! To resolve the issue, please log out and then log back into your OpenAI account. Afterward, proceed to run your assistant as usual. If it still appears as it did before, try clicking on the button or link again. This may prompt a new grant request, and once that's done, you should be good to go. The problem was related to a failure in the OAuth process, which resulted in the OpenAI API not responding to calls. 🚀

Userlevel 1

Hey!

I can confirm that it is now functioning properly for me! To resolve the issue, please log out and then log back into your OpenAI account. Afterward, proceed to run your assistant as usual. If it still appears as it did before, try clicking on the button or link again. This may prompt a new grant request, and once that's done, you should be good to go. The problem was related to a failure in the OAuth process, which resulted in the OpenAI API not responding to calls. 🚀

didnt work. tried incognito, other browser etc… impossible to make it work.

Userlevel 1

What worked for me is to revoke the access if given to GPT on zapier. Then do the procedure from a mobile version of chat gpt. 

After the authentication is done (on mobile it works), you can go back to the web version.
Hope this helps

Userlevel 1

Ok after, multiple trials, with the problem. I can confirm that it is related to some network issue.
On 4G connection, the link in GPT to connect to the zapier works, on my normal ISP, it’s not working.

Can someone confirm this solves the problem? 

Userlevel 1

Ok after, multiple trials, with the problem. I can confirm that it is related to some network issue.
On 4G connection, the link in GPT to connect to the zapier works, on my normal ISP, it’s not working.

Can someone confirm this solves the problem? 

it worked for me too (mobile/4g)

Userlevel 3

Hey!

Great! I can’t even log back into my GPT. Servers are too busy says I should try later hahahah

Userlevel 3

I’m having a different response on Mobile network although below it looks to be happening the same. Anyone is getting this?

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to experiment with the AI Actions and tried doing the steps based on the https://actions.zapier.com/ Start Here guidance.

For some reason my GPT is unable to establish connection with zapier. When I ask it to tell me what kind of task it can perform I get the following:

Zapier AI

The sign in part looks like a button but it’s not clickable. There is nothing loading the page just freezes. 

Anyone run into this?

Is your issue resolved? I also got issue but not for zapier but for another website although issue is totally same but they don’t have forum so i will try your method is you find any. 

Userlevel 1
  • Context:

• I have relocated to the south of France.
  • I am using the same computer and browser, and I did not log out and then log back in.

• After several tries, I simply clicked on 'Sign in with actions.zapier.com', and for some reason, it worked. I believe Zapier might be working on resolving this issue!"

Userlevel 1

Same issue here.. frustrating! 😅

Edit: I also live in France @Maxier2 

Userlevel 2

No news about this?

Userlevel 1

Same problem. Nothing happens in trying to import the URL. If pasting content of the schema nothing happens after clicking on sign in with actions... 

Userlevel 1

Same problem here. Tried to logout and login again in OpenAI and Zapier. 

Userlevel 2

I think I have found the solution, but it’s something OpenAI may have to resolve, but still, I’d like for people to retest, here’s a briefly how I solved it: 

1. Yesterday we were joking with a friend that it was due to the cause of us being on a third world country, so we said let’s use a vpn
2. Lo and behold, i just used a vpn on the chatgpt I built with a zapier AI action before by manually importing the action and it let me sign in. 
3. While it didn’t move forward I regenerated my message to the bot and… (wait for it) it prompt me to allow or not allow or always allow, clicked allow, the action ran and now the bot works perfectly. 

Attachment of the oauth problem that always appeared before now was solved: 

Does anyone know where should we post this issue in openai so they work on it and fix it? (If there’s still openai this week xd)

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ironmole,

It seems like you've found a unique solution using a VPN with your ChatGPT implementation via Zapier. However, the details are a bit unclear. Could you offer more specific guidance on how to replicate your approach?

Also, for reporting this issue to OpenAI, they might be a bit too busy inventing the next big thing to notice a small glitch in the matrix! 😄

Thank you!

Userlevel 2

Hi @Ironmole,

It seems like you've found a unique solution using a VPN with your ChatGPT implementation via Zapier. However, the details are a bit unclear. Could you offer more specific guidance on how to replicate your approach?

Also, for reporting this issue to OpenAI, they might be a bit too busy inventing the next big thing to notice a small glitch in the matrix! 😄

Thank you!

I could create a loom with the step-by-step so there’s no confusion. Let me know. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ironmole,

Thank you!

I could create a loom with the step-by-step so there’s no confusion. Let me know. 

Im interested!!

Userlevel 1

Also interested, thank you!

Hi @Ironmole,

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Yes would be great, thanks a lot!

Hi @Ironmole,

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks! 👋

I’m so sorry to hear of the troubles y’all are running into with AI Actions here. It looks like there’s a couple of threads in Community relating to similar issues here:

For both of those topics we’ve also had reports that setting up a VPN resolved the issues - specifically where the location was set to the US. @Ironmole - did you need to set your VPN location to US to get it working as well?

If you’re already based in the US or the VPN workaround doesn’t solve things for you, I’d recommend reaching out to the Zapier AI support team via the form here: https://ai-feedback.zapier.app/contact-nla. And they’ll be able to investigate this further and open up a bug report to have this resolved. 

Hope that helps. Please do let us know how you all get on with this, keen to ensure everyone’s all set! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Im located in Brazil and can´t run a VPN. 

Are we supposed to get a fix for this problem??

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry that workaround isn’t going to be a viable option for you @lucianopacheco

In that case, please get in touch with the Zapier AI support team to investigate this issue further. You can get in touch with them via the form here. And they’ll get back to you as soon as they can to help get this resolved. 

I’m also trying to experiment with the AI Actions and tried doing the steps based on the https://actions.zapier.com/ Start Here guidance.

Zapier AI

Anyone run into this?

Is your issue resolved? I also got issue but not for zapier but for another website although issue is totally same but they don’t have forum so i will try your method is you find any. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @John Restler 👋

In one of the related topics I referenced previously it appears the solution was to change the Locale (Alpha) setting in your OpenAI account to en-US:
ea470b597c7cf3874d9e3376e89d045e.png

I can’t guarantee that it will resolve the issue you’re running into here but as it appears to be a similar authentication issue I thought it might be worth trying out just in case. 

Can you give that a try and let us know whether that works for you too?