Best answer

Trigger test can't find new Evernote reminders

Hi,

I’m trying to set up the integration between Evernote and Google Calendar where a calendar note is created for a new reminder in Evernote.

However, when I test the trigger it says it couldn’t find a new reminder, no matter what I try.

I have changed the trigger to ‘new note’ and that works, so I assume the connection is OK. I’ve also set the trigger to all notebooks, rather than the one I want to use but that still doesn’t work.

Is there anything I could be doing wrong? Or any was the debug the issue? All I want to do is have reminders show in my Google calendar.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

icon

Best answer by SamB 27 January 2023, 12:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Chris C 

Good question.

Have you reviewed the available help articles for using Evernote in Zaps?

https://zapier.com/apps/evernote/help

Hi,

I have searched the help and this forum for the solutions but haven’t found anything that directly helps, hence my post. The link you sent doesn’t have an answer either.

Reminders are Not Triggering

Right now, we can only trigger on reminders if they are assigned due dates when they are created.

That was all I could find but I have definitely made sure due dates are set. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Chris C 

Can you try using the [SKIP TEST] button on the Zap trigger to allow you to proceed to finish configuring the Zap with dummy data?

@Troy Tessalone  I’ve done that. The Google calendar side works. But it’s still not picking up the remiders.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Chris C 

FYI: All the Evernote Zap triggers are scheduled, which means it can take from 1-15 minutes for the Zap to fire depending on your Zapier plan.

Perhaps check your Zap Runs history details to see if the Zap did end up firing after some time.

You can see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step.

@Troy Tessalone I’ve manually run the zap but it says it couldn’t find any new items. The same as when I tested it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Chris C 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for further help troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

@Troy Tessalone I’ll try that, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Chris C 👋

Just wanted to check, are the reminders for an Evernote task or a note? The reason I ask is that the New Reminder trigger would only be able to see new reminders added to notes, not tasks. See this related topic:

Is that the case for you here? Please let us know!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I was hoping the reminders attached to tasks would work, as I’m using a note as my ongoing to-do list and wanted some to be noted in my calendar as reminders. I’ve just tried setting a reminder on a note and that has worked. But unfortunately that is not what I was hoping to achieve.

I’ll have to see what other solution I can find to link the two if at all possible - or change my workflow.

Thanks again for your help.

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for confirming that @Chris C.

Sorry to not have an immediate fix for you here. If you are able to find a way of getting this working in the meantime please do let us know. I know there are others who would greatly benefit from any solution you might find! 🙂

In the meantime, I’ve added your vote to the feature request to have reminders for Evernote Tasks supported as well. That will allow us to notify you by email as soon as it gets implemented. We’ll also be sure to share any updates, as and when they happen, in the main topic for that feature request. So please do keep an eye out on that page!