Best answer

Trello due date triggering a Google Task

• 21 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello! I am new to Zapier and am having trouble with a zap I set up between Trello and Google Tasks. My end goal is that I want a Google task added whenever I assign a due date on a Trello card. I am a solopreneur so who is assigned on the card is unimportant to me. 

The zap appears to be working sometimes, but not other times. I have 6 cards with assigned due dates and only 2 have been added to my Google tasks. 

I set the “time before” at 3 weeks to ensure they all show up on my Google tasks even if they won’t be due for a few weeks. 

I am wondering if perhaps it has to do without the due date being too close??? For example, if I set the due date as tomorrow it won’t trigger, but if I set it for a week from now it will. 

I would love some assistance with this and appreciate your time and help!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 21 March 2023, 23:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BethS514 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have enough context.

Hi @Troy Tessalone! Thanks for your reply! Below are the screenshots you requested. Thanks in advance for your help! 

NOTE: I originally had this set at 1 week, but it didn’t catch all the tasks then either.

Thanks again for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BethS514 

The 2 Time Before fields are used to trigger the Zap when a Card’s Due Date matches the conditions.

If you add a Card Due Date that is shorter than the Time Before, then that is likely why the Zap is not triggering.

For example if you add a Trello Card Due Date of tomorrow, that is sooner than 3 weeks before, so the Zap won’t trigger.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone! I figured it had something to do with those fields. I appreciate you clarifying.

Oftentimes, I want to add tasks with a due date for the next day. If I set the “Time before” fields to 1 minute, will that trigger Google tasks for all cards I add a due date for?

Thanks again! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BethS514 

If you set the Zap trigger for Trello Card Due to 1 minute before, then the Zap would trigger 1 minute before the Trello Card due date.

Awesome! Thanks again for all your help @Troy Tessalone!