Best answer

Transfer authentication error: "You need to authenticate with Single Sign On to access this resource"

• 21 December 2022
  • 16 replies

Hey all, how are you?

I've set a Zap that connects Twitter search mentions and posts them into a Slack channel. The Zap is working perfectly, however, when I try to Transfer existing data (from previous Twitter comments), it gives me the following error even though I am connected via SSO (using Okta):

There was a problem fetching your Transfer

{"error":"You need to authenticate with Single Sign On to access this resource.","auth_realm":"credentials","reason":"invalid_auth_realm"}

Am I missing something or was this expected?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by christina.d 22 December 2022, 00:01

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @mturchet - thanks for reaching out! Gah, I’m sorry to hear you’re running into this. 😔

I did some digging and it looks like you’re running into a Transfer bug for users on company plans that have the SSO feature enabled. I’ve added you to that list of impacted users though and we’ll be sure email you once a fix is in place! While I don’t have an ETA on when this will be ready, this is the best way to stay in the loop. We’ll also be sure to update the topic. 

In the meantime, I wanted to share a potential workaround with you that users have frequently used to import data from one app to another. It uses Google Sheets as an "intermediate storage" app. I know it's not ideal but I'm hoping this helps get you moving forward.

Thanks again for flagging this in community!

@christina.d I’m running into this same issue, can you help me override this as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Sarah_Shopify!

Thanks for letting us know you’re also being affected. I’ve gone ahead and added you as an affected user on the bug report for this. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s resolved.

In the meantime, I’d suggest trying out the Google Sheets workaround Christina mentioned to import the data you’re after. Hopefully that workaround will help! 🤞

@christina.d  and @SamB  I’m running into this same issue, can you help me override this as well? Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @amaralkatia 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify via email once there it’s resolved. Thanks!

Hello 🖐 Please also subscribe me to any updates for this SSO - Transfer Existing Data bug 😄 Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @JayL 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify via email once there it’s resolved. Thanks!

Hello! I’m running the same issue, when transferring data from my google sheet to zapier it gives me the same error. Can someone asist? Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Mariana Figueiredo! Sorry to hear you’re also being impacted by this bug but appreciate ya letting us know. While we don’t have a workaround at the moment, I’ve got you added and we’ll be sure to email you once a fix is live. 🙂

Hi ,
I have the same problem .
Thanks for résolution .

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there,  @ManuL! Thanks for reaching out in community - I’ve added you as an impacted user and we’ll be sure to keep you in the loop once a fix is available.  

I’m seeing a similar problem when trying to do a simple Slack → Google Sheets extraction, we do have SSO for authentication in our domain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for letting us know, @jwes! I’ve got you added. 🙂

@christina.d Please add me as an impacted user as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @DFerretti - ah, I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve got you added and we’ll keep you in the loop.

Hi @christina.d,

I’m encountering that same issue on a Zap that previously worked. I’ve attempted to empty my browser cache and log in via SSO, but that didn’t fix it. Is there any known fix? If not, can I please also be added to the list of impacted users?
Cheers!