Best answer

Traction Tools Doesn't Pull Correct Info

I am trying to Create a Simple Zap from tractions tools as the trigger. Everything seems to be linked correctly but when I test it, a To-Do gets pulled that isn’t a real To do in Traction tools and it doesn't seem any of my actual To Do s. Anyone else having this issue or is the Traction Tools Best just not working?

icon

Best answer by MichelleS 1 August 2022, 14:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SKrutsch 

Good question.

Often Zap triggers only return sample data, instead of real data, so that you can configure the Zap.

Try turning the Zap ON and testing once you’ve configured it, then check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey, @SKrutsch ! Just following up to see if you tested this live and received real data when the Zap ran.

To expand on what Troy mentioned above, each app works a little differently on Zapier. When you test some triggers, they will return real data from your account, while others will only return generic sample data. Either way, you’ll have the fields you need to set up your Zap even if the exact values you’re receiving from those fields isn’t real. This is just for setup purposes. Once you turn on your Zap, real data is sent from your account.