Best answer

Todoist to To-Do: Completing tasks fails with "Invalid temporary id" error

• 10 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I created a Zap for: create new task in Todoist → creates new task in Microsoft To-Do. 

But, I can’t seem to get this to work:  Complete task in Microsoft To-Do → completes same task in Todoist. 

I get this error: {"message":"Task Completion failed: Invalid temporary id"} 

What am I doing wrong? 

icon

Best answer by Nick S 11 December 2023, 08:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Nick S,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Could you also please send a screenshot of the “Action” section of your action step that shows all of its fields? Here’s an example screenshot:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a 

Thank you. 

Apologies for the vague post 😅.

Think I’ve found the answer to my question: “Complete task in Microsoft To-Do → completes same task in Todoist”.

The zap needs a step in the middle to search for the task in Todoist, therefore, a multi-step zap!  Which is not available with the free plan. 

It would be great if Zapier introduced a baby tier for pricing i.e., 5 bucks per month for a few multi-step zaps. Hard to justify $20 per month to automate just one or two things.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

No worries at all @Nick S!

I’m glad to hear you were able to figure out the issue here.

As for your insights on plan tiers, I truly appreciate your valuable feedback. It's contributions like yours that help us develop and enhance Zapier. I've made sure to record your feedback in our internal database, which is a key resource for our product teams as they consider updates and enhancements to Zapier.

Thank you!