Best answer

The Zap isn't populating shipping and billing addresses for Shopify orders.

• 15 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I’ve recently been having issues with zapier no longer filling out the shipping nor billing address fields when new orders are placed using the shopify premium plugin. It worked perfectly before but as of recently, it has just stopped working.

I have tried various work arounds to try and get it to work correctly such as manually entering the data into the shipping address fields in zapier, pulling the data from google sheets but all to no avail.

I have heard others are also experiencing the same issues and have come to no solution either so it seems to be an ongoing recent issue.

If anyone is able to offer any sort of advice or help it would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by SamB 20 September 2023, 14:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @StackSolutions 

Good question.

To help us have more context please post screenshots of examples from the Shopify DATA OUT.

Userlevel 1

Hi @StackSolutions 

Good question.

To help us have more context please post screenshots of examples from the Shopify DATA OUT.

Hi @Troy Tessalone!

Thank you for your response. Below are some screenshots showing the history of the zap and that its showing as a success with the shipping and billing details filled out (blurred for privacy reasons) and also a screenshot of the order on shopify with empty Shipping and Billing address fields.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @StackSolutions! 👋

I found an internal note for the Shopify app that mentioned that the shipping and billing addresses are validated to ensure that the following fields contain a value:

• Customer last name (last_name)
  • First address line (address1)
  • City
  • Country

So perhaps that’s what’s causing the issue? If those four fields don’t all contain a value then the order will be created but the record will not contain a shipping or billing address (depends on which failed the validation). Also, the first and last name details will also be missing if the validation fails as they considered part of the shipping/billing address details. 

Can you try selecting values for those fields and then retest the Zap to see if that then allows the shipping/billing address details to be added to the order that is created? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB,

Thank you very much for your help, including the country worked!!!

Thanks so much for your assistance it is greatly appreciated!

All the best,

Joe

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s fantastic news @StackSolutions! Glad to hear the issue is now sorted out thanks to SamB!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗