Skip to main content
Question

The Zap is changing the timezone to GMT despite updating them in Zapier and app.

• 10 May 2024
  • 8 replies

The Zap changes the timezone to GMT. I have updated the timezone in Zapier and the calendly app.  Why is the incorrect data imported?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Brittne 

In order for us to have more context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode along with any related time zone settings.

Hello @Troy Tessalone  

Thank you for the reply. I am including screenshots. In Canlendly and Zapier the time zone is set for EST. When someone schedules a calendly event and the data is imported into Zapier it shows the time as GMT. That data gets translated to my Squadcast and ends up in the Squadcast invitation email as the GMT time instead of EST. 

I also have the free plan and can’t perform the formatting zap under the free plan. 

@Troy Tessalone 

Here is the Zap trigger 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Brittne 

You can use a Formatter > Date & Time > Format step to adjust the time zones

https://zapier.com/apps/formatter/help

@Troy Tessalone  Thanks. Are there any fixes for free plans?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Brittne 

Zapier free plans only allow 2 step Zaps, so if there needs to be data transformation that would have to happen in the app being used in the Zap trigger step or in the app being used in the Zap action step.

Otherwise, a Formatter step would need to be added to the Zap to transform the data before being passed on to following Zap steps.

@Troy Tessalone  Ok thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Brittne,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.