Best answer

The app returned "Internal Server Error" - Kajabi

• 23 February 2023
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1

Any insight would be much appreciated. I am trying to connect Thrivecart (checkout cart) with Kajabi (Course Platform.)

Everything worked fine for a minute but when I continued to test it again. The following error keeps popping up.

Failed to create an offer grant in Kajabi

The app returned "Internal Server Error".

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Joe Y 7 March 2023, 01:45

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Joe Y 

Good question.

For us to have enough context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Make sure to review the available help articles for Kajabi: https://zapier.com/apps/kajabi/help

Userlevel 1

Everything is pretty straightforward. Kajabi is connected to my account and the product is linked. This configuration has worked in the past so a little odd and it worked earlier today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Joe Y 

We’d need to see how this section is configured to have proper context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Joe Y 

Check your Kajabi Zap app connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Observation: Looks like a space is missing between these mapped variables.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I checked the Kajabi app connection and had an alert to reconnect. Unfortunately, even after reconnecting and adding a space in-between the first and last name. The same error continues to pop up😔

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Joe Y 

I’d recommend opening a ticket with Zapier Support for further troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Kajabi Status page lists this recent issue which may be related: https://status.kajabi.com/

Userlevel 1

I appreciate the help! @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Joe Y! 👋

Are you’re still getting that “Internal Server Error” when testing? Asking as 500 errors are usually temporary server-related issues that can prevent a Zap from connecting to the app’s server. This type of error will often resolve itself a bit later on, once we’re able to successfully connect to the app’s server again. So I just wanted to double-check whether the error is persisting for you here?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Userlevel 1

@SamB hey Sam! The error is still going on and it’s been a few days now. I’ve been in contact with Kajabi support but they told me to try and reconnect Zapier and Kajabi, which I have multiple times. Waiting to here back but hoping there will be a solution soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear you’re still getting that error @Joe Y. Hopefully the Support team will be able to help get to the bottom of these errors with you soon! 🤞

In the meantime, I was looking back at the screenshots you shared previously and spotted that the value for the Offer field was appearing in black text rather than grey. Usually if an offer is selected from the list of available offers it’ll appear in grey not black, for example:
5afd1c9cf22a418ce4fcc7381ca3b620.png
Did you use the custom value option and type in the name of the offer instead of selected it from the list of available offers?

If so, would you mind reselecting the offer from the list and re-testing? My thinking here is that if the name of the offer was typed in, then that might be causing the error as Kajabi would expect to receive the ID number for the offer, not its name when the custom value option is selected.

If it’s a similar situation for the Site field, you’ll want to reselect it too. Please let us know whether that does the trick!

I am experiencing the same problem. It’s soooo annoying. Can anyone help with this?

Userlevel 1

I am experiencing the same problem. It’s soooo annoying. Can anyone help with this?

The solution I received in the Kajabi FB group was to use Zapier with a Kajabi form instead of directly linking it to an offer. Then use the Kajabi form to set off an automation granting the offer. When I did that, everything worked fine. Multiple people responded with the same answer.

Thank you so much for sharing this, Joe. I really appreciate it.

I will try this out today, thank you! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for sharing this, @Joe Y! We’re so stoked you were able to get this sorted. 🤗

Keep us posted, @Mike987876!