Best answer

Tally to Google Drive Zap: Photos from form not appearing in Google Drive despite no error messages.

• 25 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi!  I’m trying to set up a zap between Tally and Google Drive.  The trigger is when form is submitted to Tally.  In the form, people can upload photos to share with me.  In the action of the zap, I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.  The zap looks like it’s working (I’m not getting any error messages) but I can’t find the photos anywhere.  (I tried the zap out myself, pretending to be someone else and uploading photos from my computer into the Tally form.  These same photos are already somewhere else in my google drive, so maybe that’s the problem?  It won’t upload duplicate photos? I don’t think so but I’m not sure).  This is how I’ve filled out the info inside the zap:

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 25 September 2023, 05:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Zandra 

Good question.

The File field expects only 1 file.

If you have more than 1 file you can use multiple steps or use the Looping app:

Userlevel 1

Oh!  Thank you, Troy!  But I think the only thing I really understood was that I can only have 1 file in the file field.  After that, you kinda lost me 😁  I clicked on the Looping link you provided but I wasn’t sure what I was getting into.  You said I could also use “multiple steps” if I’m having Zapier pull multiple files from a Tally form.  Would you mind saying more about how to do that?  

Thank you SO much!  I really appreciate it!

Zandra

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zandra

e.g. If you are always trying to upload 2 files from Tally, then you can add this step twice. (once for each file)

e.g. If the # of files you are trying to upload from Tally can vary, then you will need to use an advanced approach to first determine the # of files to upload, then iterate over each using the Looping app.

Userlevel 1

Great!  That was really helpful!  Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Awesome! Glad to hear Troy was able to assist you with your concern @Zandra.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊