Skip to main content
Question

Tally Submissions to Google Offline Conversions results in incorrect Zapier error message (no gclid)

• 2 July 2024
  • 1 reply

So basically, what am I doing?

I am sending tally.so form submissions as Google Offline Conversions to Google - using Gclid as an identifier.

I have one 1-page form where that works perfectly well. The multi page form had some issues with capturing the gclid and I was in contact with tally.so Support, but in the end I was like: Okay, lets just make this also a 1 pager.

So now I have 2 1-page forms that are built exactly the same and both capture gclid in a hidden field; yet with one my Zap works and with one it doesnt.

The error message I got is:

“Step 2. Send Offline Conversion in Google Ads

This Google Ads step hit an error.

Error message: Required field "Google Click ID (GCLID)" (gclid) is missing.”

This is an incorrect message because a) I did a live test, by clicking an ad and then submitting the form and b) I can see that the gclid was captured by tally.so.

So I dont know how to proceed. Why does Zapier give an error once and one time not, even though all else is the same?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @j1358 

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you trace and troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Check the capitalization of the mapped variables.