Skip to main content
Best answer

Survey monkey "Notification emails with details" not working.

“New Response Notification with Answers.” have connected our SM account and the survey form I want. We do have an annual subscription for SM. The zap is set up correctly, no error messages. but when I test it, I just get an email with a link to the SM  results page, not the actual SM form answers in the body of the email. what do I need to change in the zap?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @surveymonkeyzapper 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Badge

It asks for the HTML code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@surveymonkeyzapper 

Which variable from Step 1 are you trying to map to the Zap action Body field?

Badge

I want to get one email from zapier that has all the answers to the new sm form that has come in, with answers to the form printed in the body of the email. I want the zap to do this for every new form that comes in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@surveymonkeyzapper 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with the data points returned from Step 1 that are available to map to Step 2.

I'm getting an error telling me I need to upgrade my Survey Monkey plan to an annual subscription.

The "New Response Notification with Answers" trigger will require you to have any Annual paid plan with Survey Monkey. This includes the Standard Annual, Advantage and Premier plan, which are all annual subscription plans that Survey Monkey offer. This information can be found here: https://help.surveymonkey.com/articles/en_US/kb/SurveyMonkey-Partner-Integrations-Changes

The only paid plan that doesn't work with Zapier integrations is their Standard Monthly plan, which is their only monthly subscription plan.

Badge

We HAVE an annual plan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@surveymonkeyzapper 

If there is not 1 variable from Step 1 that has all the questions and answers, then you would need to map dynamic variables from Step 1 individually.

Make sure to put spaces between mapped variables.

You may want to add labels before a variable so give context.

When in doubt, test it out.

Turn the Zap ON and test live, then check the Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step.

Adjust as needed.

The Email or Name Fields Are Empty

SurveyMonkey responses have three default fields, Email, First Name, and Last Name. Those will only be populated from your SurveyMonkey address book if you are using an email collector. If you have a question on your survey that asks for their name or email, use the Responses field for that question when you match up the fields.

Respondent ID Is the Only Appearing Field

If your Survey responses fields are not showing up when you are setting up your Zap, you might need to submit or refresh some sample data.

To fix this, simply submit a brand new survey response and fill in an answer for every single question. Once you have submitted that, head back to your Zap and you should then be able to find these.

Some Fields Not Appearing

Do your fields have exactly the same name? If you have more than one question that is exactly the same, we will only see one of those. To resolve this you will need to make sure all of your questions on your survey are unique. If they are and you are still having some trouble, please don't hesitate to get in touch, we're happy to help!

Badge

yes, there is “ …. 1 variable from Step 1 that has all the questions and answers,” It is the survey form, which I have selected in the zap instructions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@surveymonkeyzapper 

In your screenshots, I don’t see the mentioned variable that has all the questions and answers.

Post more screenshots to clarify the data point you are referring to.

Badge

I found a solution with my IT person. Thanks anyway.

@surveymonkeyzapper

For us to have more context, post screenshots with the data points returned from Step 1 that are available to map to Step 2.

I'm getting an error telling me I need to upgrade my Survey Monkey plan to an annual subscription.

The "New Response Notification with Answers" trigger will require you to have any Annual paid plan with Survey Monkey. This includes the Standard Annual, Advantage and Premier plan, which are all annual subscription plans that Survey Monkey offer. This information can be found here: 
https://help.surveymonkey.com/articles/en_US/kb/SurveyMonkey-Partner-Integrations-Changes

The only paid plan that doesn't work with Zapier integrations is their Standard Monthly plan, which is their only monthly subscription plan.

Thank you for the information. It appears the current plan in use is the Standard Monthly plan, which explains the issue with the "New Response Notification with Answers" trigger.

The clarification that the trigger requires an annual subscription is helpful. Upgrading to one of the annual plans, such as the Standard Annual, Advantage, or Premier plan, will be considered to enable this feature.

Thanks again for the assistance!