Question

Square payment link orders are not triggering my Zap

• 15 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Square payment links are not triggering my Zap. Orders I do with my mobile device or through the web app trigger the Zap fine.

Help!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @shantiyoga 

To give us more context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured, so we can see which Zap trigger you are using.

Here are screenshots. Let me know if you need me to show more details on certain portions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@shantiyoga 

Has there been a new order with status = completed since the Zap has been turned ON?

Good catch… I never thought to see if Square was “COMPLETING” an order that was processed.

I selected “OPEN” as the trigger for Order Status and now I can see the missing transactions in the test records.

New problem/questions (before I even activate this change):

1. I assume COMPLETED transactions are considered “OPEN” at some point in the processes which means I cannot create two separate ZAPS (one for “OPEN” and one for “COMPLETED”
  2. Why would I want to create two? Because the TENDER PROCESSING FEE is stored differently for purchases though Square Payment Links. (see attached pics)
    • Mobile/Web App transactions store it as Tenders Payment Processing Fee Amount Money Amount
    • Square Payment Link transactions store it as Tenders Processing Fee Money Amount

So, what do I do now? Seems like I will be dealing with duplicate items if I create two Zaps… if I don’t, I will have to update the processing fee for one or the other.

I am testing an option with an OPEN status and populating my WaveApps “fee” with both options. Hopefully the transactions from square only ever have one or the other. If they ever populate one of those fields with “no data” it will screw it up again.

I could also use some clarification from anyone out there about the difference between status values COMPLETE and OPEN… I don’t understand why Square Payment Links classify the status so differently, but understanding the status values themselves might help me decide if having a 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@shantiyoga 

From the Square API: https://developer.squareup.com/reference/square/orders-api/webhooks/order.created

@Troy Tessalone 

Thank you… but that doesn’t really help me understand why a Square Payment Link order (that results in a charge to the customer and funds depositing into my bank account) never makes it to a status of COMPLETE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@shantiyoga 

You may want to try reaching out to Square Support for more guidance.