Best answer

SoftTimeLimitExceeded: Task time limit of 180s exceeded

• 11 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

App: Send Offline Conversion in Google Ads (3.2.0)
Event: Send Offline Conversion

Somewhat often, I will encounter the “SoftTimeLimitExceeded: Task time limit of 180s exceeded” error in Zapier.  I have set up a Zapier Manager zap to turn the Zap back on if this error causes it to turn off but it would be better if this issue could be resolved.  Any ideas?

Also, I have run into a The app did not respond in-time. It may or may not have completed successfully.” error as well with this flow.

icon

Best answer by EJR 12 August 2022, 03:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ImGoodAtAdsNotZaps 

Good question.

Make sure you’ve updated the Zap to use the newest versions of each app.

Example:

Badge +3

Hi @ImGoodAtAdsNotZaps,

Thank you for posting in the Community! Happy to help here. 

After digging into this, it looks like this is related to an issue with the Google Ads integration. Other users have been experiencing this same error, and I have also found that there is an open bug report that documents this.

Although I don't have a solution for you at this time, we have gone ahead and added you to the bug report as an affected user which adds more weight to the issue and ensures that you'll be notified once it's fixed. While I hesitate to provide an ETA for when this will be resolved, I can say that you will certainly hear from us with an update once it has been. In the meantime, we will also be posting any updates on the original thread we have open for this issue: 

I know this isn't the news you were hoping for, but if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime, please reach back out.

Userlevel 1

Thank you! I won’t lose too much sleep over it!

This particular issue is extremely disruptive to my process, and prevents me from communicating conversion data to Google. My faith in Zapier is dropping fast by each day that passes without getting this fixed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @strategic we’re truly so sorry about this! I can promise you this particular issue is extremely high on our priority list and our developers are working diligently to get things revolved. I have added you as someone who is affected by this so you receive a personal email as well. As soon as we have any updates, we’ll be sharing them in the thread @EJR linked to. Stay tuned!