Question

Slack is sending blank messages from Dropbox and Digest by Zapier.

• 4 July 2023
  • 7 replies

I’m really confused as to why this zap isn’t working. It’s set up like this:

1. When a file is added to a particular folder in dropbox
  2. Add it to a digest including the direct media link
  3. At a certain time, post all of the images in the digest to slack

I have it set up properly from everything I can see, but every time I get a blank message in slack. 

Any suggestions as to how I might fix this? 

https://zapier.com/shared/76574eab765643311410cf34867303b6298fb833

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ryananderson,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I’m so sorry for the troubles with your Zap.

Thanks for sharing the sharing link of your Zap, but unfortunately we don’t have the tool to access your Zap. That said, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Especially, the “Action” section of the action steps. Also, please share a full screenshot of the recent Zap run of the Zap in your Zap History. 

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Oh - I assumed you’d be able to see the share link. 

Here’s the images:

The problem is extracting the actual link to the file, I think, but this is the only way I can see to do it. If there are any suggestions I’d appreciate it!

R

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ryananderson,

Thanks for the screenshots and additional details!

I just wanted to touch base with you about your workflow. I noticed you're using the Digest step and I was wondering, is this a crucial part of your process? Or perhaps you're using it mainly to schedule when your file gets sent out? If it's the latter, we might be able to simplify things a bit and skip the Digest step altogether. What do you think?

Please keep us posted! 😊

@ken.a So, what I’m trying to get is a single message daily as opposed to a message every time an image is added. Is that possible another way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ryananderson,

You can use Delay by Zapier - Delay Until function. Here’s an example setup matching your Digest setup:

7e74b1ae354bc64874f608a0b39f8309.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

@ken.a Thanks! I’ll give that a try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ryananderson,

You are most welcome!

Please keep me posted after testing out my suggestion.

Thanks! 😊