Best answer

Slack Integration - We’re having trouble loading 'Channel' data (The app returned "ratelimited".)

• 13 January 2022
  • 28 replies

Trying to post an action to Slack channel.  Get this error when trying to select a channel name

icon

Best answer by christina.d 17 August 2022, 05:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @delivery1234 

Check your Slack connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

About Slack's Integration

• Admin/owner permissions - User needs to be a Slack "owner" in addition to being an admin

Hi @Troy Tessalone I conform that I have permissions and the Slack connection is tested positive. But I am experiencing the same error message : We’re having trouble loading 'Channel' data (The app returned "ratelimited".).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@richardmui 

Might be related to the incident Slack is having today: https://status.slack.com/

@Troy Tessalone @richardmui running into the same issue on my end as well., Unsure if OP or anyone was able to find a way to solve for this?

Thanks @Troy Tessalone noticed that the status is now back to normal. However the problem still the same. I’ve Google the issue and that might have relation to the maximum API connection in certain timeframe. I am using Company (1M Tasks) Plan assuming there should have no restrictions on connections but the issue has been over a week. Appreciate your thoughts on this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@richardmui 

May want to try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for further assistance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @delivery1234, @richardmui and @msaavedra1026!

I can see that @richardmui reached out to our Support team who identified that this “ratelimited” error is related to a known issue with the Slack integration. So I’ve gone ahead and added @delivery1234 and @msaavedra1026 to the list of affected users on the bug report for this.

I can’t make any promises as to when this will be fixed by but we will notify you all by email as soon as it is.

In the meantime, it should be possible to select the channel by using the Custom value option and typing in the ID for the Slack channel instead. You can find out more about how to use custom values here: Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps :relaxed:

Any updates on a solution for this ? Getting the same error 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @nriveramontes! While we don’t have an update to offer at the moment, I did get you added to the list of impacted users. We’ll be in touch as soon as a fix is in place!

Hello,

Please include me in the list to get update when its fixed. I’m getting the same error in the step to “send message in private channel”

We’re having trouble loading 'Channel' data (The app returned "ratelimited".)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @MPanneflek! Thanks for letting us know! I’ve got you added to the list of affected users. We’ll send an email letting you know once there’s a fix in place.

In the meantime it might be worth trying the workaround Sam mentioned! 🙂

Hello,

Please include me in the list to get update when its fixed. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Most definitely, @Kinga B.! I’ve got you added to the list of impacted users. 

Hello @christina.d. I am experimenting the same issue — and the workaround doesn’t work neither… Could you please include me on the list to get updated when its fixed?

So far, I am 100% blocked :( 

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, I’m sorry to hear that @barbarajeandeau! I’ve got you added to that report. We’ll be sure to send an email and update this thread once there’s a solution in place. 

Hi, also experiencing this error. Very frustrating. This is a critical bottleneck and usecase for my team that is failing to deliver.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for reaching out, @SscottGtr. I’m sorry to hear about this!

While I don’t have an update to provide at the moment, rest assured we’ll keep you and the thread informed as soon as we do. I’ve got you added to the list of affected users, which is also the best way to stay in the loop.

Thanks again for letting us know and sharing your candid feedback. It’s always appreciated.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any update on this issue (the boilerplate response Zapier staff send for literally EVERY bug is growing very very old)?

The workaround of manually inserting the channel ID is not an option when a different channel ID is referenced (based on prior logic steps) each time the zap is run (inviting users to specific channels based on external retrieved info).

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @salesperson 

We are sorry that we don’t have any updates regarding this issue. I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll update you via email if there are any changes. Thanks!

Hey Slack team, 

Do we have updates on when this issue is due to be resolved? We have a large operation currently relying heavily on Slack <> Zap integrations and unable to edit existing automations without risking to completly disabling them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @gabe.a

We apologize for any inconvenience. I’ve added you to the list of affected users. Please kindly wait for the update, and we will send you an email if there are any changes. Thank you.

Hello  ! We are experiencing the same issue .. any updates or an estimated date of arrival for a solution ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Anne_Payfit! Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear you’re running into this as well! I’ve got you added to the list of impacted users 
While we don’t have an update to share at the moment, we’ll be sure to keep you and the thread updated once we do. 

I’m experiencing this issue as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Emily W 

We apologize for the inconvenience. I added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll update you via email if there are any changes. Thanks!