Skip to main content

I am trying to trigger a Zap off the 👍 emoji reaction in Slack. This is a common emoji, and widely used in our org. When I go to the list of values to choose from in my Zap, Zapier does not populate this emoji value, only the :thumbs_up_all: reaction is available. This list of values to select from is not complete, when I choose load more it still does not load the full list of available emojis in the Slack org.  Any way around this? 

Hi @kbuckley08 

Try using the ‘Custom’ option to set this value: 👍

that was a great suggestion, thanks! I tried but no matter how many times I change to custom value, and put “+1” or 👍 - it reverts it back to the value thumbsup_all - almost like it will not take the +1 value. 

update: had to recreate the Zap entirely, in order for it to accept the “custom” value, but it’s now working! Strange that it would not allow me to swap to a custom value in the existing zap, but either way it’s working - thanks again

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us an update here @kbuckley08🤗

I’m so pleased that remaking the Zap resolved the issue, although it’s very odd that it wouldn’t let you switch to a custom value in the original Zap. Perhaps it was just a temporary glitch or caching issue? Even so, please do keep an eye on things and if you run into that issue again do let us know.

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡️