Best answer

Shopify connection error: Zapier is only compatible with stores that have an online store

• 26 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I need to connect Shopify account with Zapier. When I enter the Shopify store URL in the connection setup popup, it shows me the following error. How can I resolve it and add Shopify to my Zapier account?

icon

Best answer by SamB 26 April 2023, 14:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @thinker500! 🙂

I’ve not come across that error before but it sounds that error is implying that only Shopify stores that have an “Online Store” are compatible with the Shopify app on Zapier.

What type of sales channels do you have on the Shopify store you’re wanting to connect? Is there an online store sales channel or does it only have Shopify POS retail store, or other non-online store type?

If there isn’t an online store then it seems like it might not be possible to create the connection with Zapier. In which case I’d recommend contacting our Support team to ask for a feature request to be opened for the ability to have the non-online store types supported.

Is that the case here? Or does the Shopify account you’re attempting to connect to Zapier already have an online store?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @thinker500!

Just to add to Sam’s reply, if you’ve recently added an online store, this post in the Shopify community recommends clearing your browser’s cache. 

I hope that helps, let us know how you get on!