Best answer

Scheduled Slack messages - where are they?

• 24 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi all! I’m trying to schedule posts to a specific Slack channel at a date/time that’s pulled from a Google Sheet. All info is pulling perfectly and Zapier tells me the post is successfully scheduled after testing, but I don’t see it in the Scheduled section in Slack. What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 20 July 2022, 00:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @heidih 

Good question.

It may be because the Zap is action on your behalf and thus the Scheduled Message is not actually a message “you” scheduled, thus why you are unable to see it in Slack.

You may want to open a ticket with Zapier Support for guidance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @heidih! I wanted to swing by and see if you were still needing help with this? 🙂
If so Troy’s suggestion of contacting our friends in support, is the best guidance at the moment!

Please keep us posted with your success! We’d love to know. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that I confirmed that this is just the way Slack’s API works 😀

I sent an API request to the scheduleMessage endpoint outside of Zapier and I witnessed the same behavior as you: the scheduled message gets sent when it’s supposed to, but it does not display in the list of Scheduled Messages when I go there in Slack.

Hope that helps!