Skip to main content
Question

Salesforce instance query issue: 'Organisation' vs 'Account' in form detail search

We want to find an account from a form detail, account name.  However, our instance of SF uses ‘Organisation’ for Account.

When I construct the query it will only let me put ‘Organisation’ and it will only search with ‘Account’.

How do I work around this?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SF Admin 

For us to have more context about what you are referring to, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @SF Admin 👋

I just came across your post here and can see you also reached out to our Support team regarding issues in searching for an account in Salesforce. I couldn’t see a response to their reply so I’m not sure whether you saw it. Did you since manage to get this solved?

I’ll share the key details from their reply here in case it’s helpful to you or anyone else running into similar issues:

I've had a look at your Zap and the error it's returning. It seems the issue lies in the "Find Record in Salesforce" step. The error message indicates a 'MALFORMED_QUERY' in Salesforce.

Looking at the logs, it appears there could be an issue with the Company number. I noticed that the same number is used for both the Phone number and the Company number in the Gravity forms step for the errored Zap run. This could be causing confusion with the input Salesforce is receiving, particularly if these values are supposed to be different.

Here's what we can do:

1. Please double-check the values in the Gravity forms step. Should the Phone Number field and the Company number field have the same value? 
2. Try adjusting the Company number field in Salesforce if it's exceeding the range of a typical integer. This could be causing Salesforce to misinterpret the input. For example, is this field supposed to be a number or string datatype field? 

Keen to ensure you’re all set so please do let us know whether you’ve been able to fix the search query and locate the desired accounts in Salesforce!