Skip to main content
Question

SalesForce error: This auth is expired. Please reconnect it here.

Hello! I’m working triggering an action in SalesForce (coming from a GravityForms form) submission. I can connect to GravityForms just fine but when I try to connect to SalesForce, I continually get the error: “This auth is expired. Please reconnect it here.”. When I click to reconnect, it pops up a screen with an “Allow” button which I click and then the pop-up goes away after a few seconds and nothing changes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this? Here is a screenshot:

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @benvoth 

Help articles for using Salesforce in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/help

Try this tip:

Userlevel 1

Hi @benvoth , I am having the same issue. I have received articles from Zapier, and I read the article @Troy Tessalone suggested to you,  I have tried everything and I still keep getting the error message, “this auth has expired” I also tried using a private browser, still no luck. Were you ever able to figure out what the problem was?

TIA

Miriam 

Userlevel 1

@MiryLopez i’m sorry, the project we originally needed this for went a different direction so we ended up not needed to resolve this. i do with you the best.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MiryLopez,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like Salesforce Essentials requires a paid plan to integrate with Zapier. Could you please confirm if your Salesforce Essentials account is on a paid plan?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

Thank you for continuing to look into this. We have the nonprofit version with 10 free licenses, but we pay for seven additional licenses. I'm not sure if that would constitute a paid plan since it does not cover all users, just the seven additional we have over the 10 that come with NPSP.

Another thought, do my email address in Salesforce need to match the email address in Zapier?

Userlevel 1

Thank you for continuing to look into this. This is in response the the email from June 13, below.

Our Salesforce Edition is Enterprise. We have the nonprofit version with 10 free licenses, but we pay for seven additional licenses. 

I'm not sure if that would constitute a paid plan since it does not cover all users, just the seven additional we have over the 10 that come with NPSP.

Can you please confirm for me if the issue is the type of Salesforce account we have? 

I replied on the forum but have not received a reply.

Thank you,

Miriam Hoebel

CSHA Salesforce Associate Administrator

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @MiryLopez,

Thanks for the additional information.

Could you please tell me if you’re using Salesforce Essential or the regular Salesforce app? This will help me look closer at the issue.

Additionally, a screenshot of the error is a huge help as well.

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am using the regular Salesforce. I just tried connecting again, followed all the steps, seems to connect, then I star a new Zap, trigger is form submission in Gravity forms, create a record in Salesforce. This is when I get the message “This Oauth has expired. 

Thanks, Miriam Hoebel

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MiryLopez,

Would you be able to try disabling the following settings in Salesforce:

• Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated
  • Lock sessions to the domain in which they were first used 

The settings should look something like this in your account:

f684b3abd4332a2225a92b5f4128537b.png
(view larger)

Once that's been done, can you reconnect the Salesforce app or create a new connection via https://zapier.com/app/connections? I'd like to see whether creating a brand-new connection mitigates the issue.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a 

I have those two settings enabled already. I tried a new connection in Zapier and takes me through the steps, I authorized Zapier, then it takes me back to Zapier, the new connection shows up but when I click on test connection I get the error message.

I also got this error message today, is a new error, I have not seen it before.

“ Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information).”

Thank you for continuing to look into this for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MiryLopez,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please try unchecking those session settings and creating a new connection again? If that doesn’t work, I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to look closer at the Zap and its logs and determine the cause of the issue.

Userlevel 1

@ken.a Thanks for the suggestion. I unchecked both boxes, tried to connect and did not work. I then went back and checked the boxes and tried to connect again, and it worked. I tested the connection and it says valid connection now. I logged off and logged back on into Zapier and the connection is still there and I tested it again and is still valid. 

Thank you for continuing to look into this for me, I really appreciate it. I am going to attempt my first Zap tomorrow, between Gravity Forms and salesforce. 

Thanks Again, Miriam

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @MiryLopez! Glad to hear that the connection issue is now resolved!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗