Question

Salesforce error: Required failed "Search Value" (searchValue) is missing

• 30 March 2023
  • 3 replies

As seen in the screenshots, I selected Yes for the Should this step be considered a success when nothing is found question but when there is no data entered in that field when a new record is created it stops the zap in this step. Am I missing something? Thank you so much in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @hkntymz 

I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

Upon checking, it seems like the Search Value field doesn’t have a data. Have you selected the most recent sample trigger in the trigger step? If not, please load more samples and select the most recent one.

Keep us posted!

Thanks @Brem for the reply. I tested it with data as well but the result was still the same so I wanted to test it once more without data to see if it’d make any difference.

Also, with No Data, would it still be passing the test since I selected “Yes” for the Should this step be considered a success when nothing is found question?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hkntymz 

The Search Value field expects a value to be provided otherwise the step with error, regardless of the other field being set to Yes to continue.

To prevent the error you can add a Filter step before.