Question

Salesforce error: Could not find new record of "IdeaComment" object, we're not able to use this object type.

• 14 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I am trying to create a Zap from Salesforce to Slack for comments on Ideas, when we select ideacomment, we get an error.

Has anyone achieved this? In theory it seems quite straightforward but its not working in the slightest :(

Kind regards, Joe

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @J0e 

Good question.

We’ll need more context in the form of screenshots to better understand what you are experiencing with the error.

Here are the screenshots, 

All I want to create is a slack channel that updated with every comment on an idea in our ideas portal:

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @J0e - I don’t work closely within Salesforce (I’m here on the Community team!) but I’m hopeful I can at least take an attempt at helping you. 

Above are the listed triggers, and they all apply to a contact object, not the ideas portal that you mention-- are you using Salesforce Community Cloud for your ideas portal? 

If you help give us some additional context hopefully we’ll be able to help sort out that you’re looking to accomplish-- I know a slack channel update is an often used Zap, so hopefully we can help figure it out! I also found this help article that talks a little more about custom objects if you want to give that a read: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495983929613-Dealing-with-Salesforce-Legacy-Custom-Objects

Best,

Rachael

Hi Rachael, 

Thank you for your reply, we use AC Ideas which is on the app exchange here is the doc to the best of my knowledge, it used the idea objects and we use their app in our community to gather ideas from our users and so on and so forth. 

What I want to create is a ping into a slack channel detailing the comment, a link to the idea on the community and the author.

Kind regards, Joe

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @J0e 

Salesforce help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/help

Error: "we’re having trouble loading ‘Object’ data"

If you run into this error, this means we couldn't find new objects with the name <Object Name> or that we're currently not able to use this object type.
You can report this to support.

Hi Rachael, 

Thank you for your reply, we use AC Ideas which is on the app exchange here is the doc to the best of my knowledge, it used the idea objects and we use their app in our community to gather ideas from our users and so on and so forth. 

What I want to create is a ping into a slack channel detailing the comment, a link to the idea on the community and the author.

Kind regards, Joe

Just to add to this @Rachael S apologies, this all uses Salesforce and Salesforce objects.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @J0e,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Have you resolved this issue yet? If not, could you please try reconnecting your Salesforce account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/salesforce, and check if the error fixes itself by reconnecting.

Please give t hat a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Hey @ken.a 

Thanks for that, We have tried and still same error, we was able to create a Zap when the ideas changed status but when a comment is made, just is not working :( 

We have a support case open now, I am just trying to arrange access for Zapier with our IT Team. 

I thought this one would have been the easy one to create! :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @J0e,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're still dealing with this issue. It was a great move to open a ticket with our Support team. They have the tools to delve into the logs and examine your Zap more closely.

Also, it looks like our Support team has already sent a response. If your IT team hasn't had a chance to reply yet, it might be a good idea to check in with them.

Thank you so much!