Skip to main content

Hi there.

While configuring a zap to ingest a RSS feed it asks for username/password. What protocol is the username/password trying to do use against the rss feed? Is it standard http basic auth?

Hi there @wambo0,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured?

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Screenshot attached. Very basic setup. Just want to know how the username & password is transmitted to the “Feed URL”

Hi there @wambo0,

You will only need to enter a username and password if the RSS you’re trying to use is a private feed. Other than that, you can just paste the URL in the “Feed URL” field.

Hopefully, this helps.

Hi there @wambo0,

You will only need to enter a username and password if the RSS you’re trying to use is a private feed. Other than that, you can just paste the URL in the “Feed URL” field.

Hopefully, this helps.

Understood. And that is my case. It is a private feed. I just want to know how the username & password functionality works. Does it do a POST request with the credentials to the feed? Or does it pass it as a header to do HTTP Basic Auth?

Hi @wambo0,

I believe it passes these credentials as a header to perform HTTP Basic Authentication. It does not do a POST request with the credentials.

Hopefully, this helps.

Hi @wambo0,

I believe it passes these credentials as a header to perform HTTP Basic Authentication. It does not do a POST request with the credentials.

Hopefully, this helps.

Thank you!!

You are most welcome @wambo0!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗